In the beginning of September Microsoft released its long-awaited 3:rd version of the Hybrid Configuration Wizard (HCW), now called Microsoft Office 365 Hybrid Configuration Wizard.
This version will make it much easier to set up and maintain an Exchange Hybrid.
Here is a list of some of the improvements:
- Easier to read and understand error codes
- Easier access to the HCW log files
- Links in the wizard to open either local or online PowerShell, with already cached credentials
- Help with getting sure all certificates are in place and installed on all necessary servers
- More robust way to check and find Autodiscover settings
One of the most important change is that this version of HCW is a standalone application that can be downloaded and installed from MS and you can be sure to get your hands on the latest version every time. This means that HCW is no longer part of the on-premises version of Exchange Server or Cumulative Update.
You need to be running Exchange Server 2013 CU8 or above to use the new wizard.